The Five Greatest Actors of All Time

In my last article I discussed the five greatest actresses of all time.  I decided it only fair I should write a similar article about actors.  I should say I'm finding the same problem with actors that I did with actresses - that being that I am not familiar with the work of pre-1960s actors.  I would think guys like Humphrey Bogart,  Charles Laughton,  and James Cagney could easily make a top 5 list.   But not for me because aside from "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" - I have never watched an entire film starring any of them.    As I did with my actress list, I am going with actors who I have seen in multiple films, performing multiple roles.  Based on that way of thinking - here is my top 5:


1. Anthony Hopkins

2. Robert DeNiro

3. Daniel Day Lewis

4. Dustin Hoffman

5. Robert Duvall


Honorable mention to Al Pacino.  I'm sure a lot of people out there will be thinking of Marlon Brando.  It makes sense, he was one of the greats.  However, I can't give him a completely fair judgment.  I've seen every movie he made - from The Godfather to The Score, hardly enough material to put him on this list.  Of course, on the other hand, there is a good possibility I overlooked some great actors.   I'd love for anyone to examine my top five and present an alternative viewpoint......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Guitar Solos

The Most Inefficient Team in all of Professional Sports.......

The Best Player in Major League Baseball....