The 5 Greatest Movie Directors of all Time

I was just in the middle of taking my second look at "Wonder Woman" with Gal Gadot.    I basically think the same of it.  Pretty good flick.  Started off well - then it got ridiculous.  Some props to the actress that played the crazy gas Doctor,  Elena Anaya.   I thought she was really good.  Anyway, I checked who directed "Wonder Woman" and it's Patty Jenkins.   She hasn't really had much of a career. "Monster" , the story of Aileen Wournos that starred Charlize Theron, is her only other big directing job.   She did inspire me to think though.  I started thinking about movie directors.  Who has really stood out?  Who made films that have aged well?  Who is technically the best?  Who tells a story the best?   As I was considering these variables, some names popped into my head.  There is no particular order - I just believe these are the 5 Greatest Movie Directors of all Time.  Beneath each name I'm including my favorite movie by said Director.   And here we go:

1. Martin Scorcese

"Raging Bull"

2. Stanley Kubrick

"Full Metal Jacket"

3. Brian De Palma

"Carlito's Way"

4. Francis Ford Coppola

"The Godfather"

5. Steven Spielberg

"Saving Private Ryan"


Certainly I expect differing opinions.  There is a very good chance I may have missed a few.  Please take a moment and comment on your favorite Directors....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Guitar Solos

The Most Inefficient Team in all of Professional Sports.......

The Best Player in Major League Baseball....