The 5 Greatest Actresses of All Time

This is a topic that has been rolling around in my head all day today.  I probably should have called this article - The Greatest Actresses of My Time, lol.    Some great actresses, for example Katherine Hepburn, Greta Garbo, Bette Davis, are great to me more so because of their reputations and the multiple Academy Award victories than their actual work.  The problem is I am not a fan of older movies.   Aside from "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane", I don't think I've ever watched an entire movie that starred any of those three.  Actually, let me take that back.  I did see "On Golden Pond" which starred Hepburn.   She was really old at that point.   So, I'm not as aware of her work as I should be.   I had to focus on actresses whose work I was very aware of.  I've come up with 5 that I think are the best.  I've seen all of these actresses in multiple films, doing multiple roles.  And here they are:


1. Meryl Streep

2. Helen Mirren

3. Julianne Moore

4. Cate Blanchett

5. Judi Dench

Honorable mention to Frances McDormand.    And there you have it.  I may have missed a few so I'd appreciate other viewpoints......

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Guitar Solos

The Most Inefficient Team in all of Professional Sports.......

The Best Player in Major League Baseball....