Batman, Wonder Woman, and Spiderman- Which version is the best? Which is the worst?

If you are someone that was born in the 1960s then you have seen (via film or television) or read various interpretations of these 3 characters.   I was born in the 60s.  My first memory of Batman was the 60s TV program "Batman" starring Adam West and Burt Ward.  My first Wonder Woman memory was the 1974 TV movie "Wonder Woman" starring Cathy Lee Crosby.  As far as Spiderman, I can remember a 60s cartoon and I believe there was a 70s TV show although I don't remember who was in it.  In the 2000s and 2010s, there have been various interpretations (via film) of Batman and Spiderman.   And of course we had the late 80s to mid 90s Batman movies.  In this decade, we finally have a new interpretation of Wonder Woman.   It just so happens I watched the 2017 Wonder Woman film with Gal Gadot last night.  The night before I watched the latest Spiderman movie that starred Tom Holland.    My most recent Batman viewing was "Justice League".  So, I thought this morning - over the course of my life I have seen so many different variations of these characters.  Which did I like the best?  Which did I like the least?    This is what I have come up with:

Batman

Best:  I think Christopher Nolan and Christian Bale came up with the best take on Batman.   They made it current and real world and did a great job of it.

Worst:  It would be easy to say the Adam West version of the 60s but at least that had some camp value.   I didn't care at all for the Ben Affleck/Zack Snyder version of the character.  I don't know if its Affleck's fault or Snyder's.   Affleck may be doing a solo Batman film so we will know more once its released.

Spiderman

Best:  I like what Sam Raimi and Tobey Maguire did with Spiderman.    Maguire isn't much of an actor but he played the nerdy Peter Parker well and he's good at showing amazement and surprise.  Raimi came up with good stories and good special effects.

Worst:  The new Spiderman movie I watched a couple of nights ago.  It was stupid.  The CGI was bad.  Tom Holland was a horrible casting choice.  And Michael Keaton, I still don't understand his career renaissance.

Wonder Woman

Best:  I still think Lynda Carter's version of Wonder Woman is the best.  The show itself was a bit campy and ridiculous but I think Lynda played the part just right.

Worst:  The 1974 TV movie that starred Cathy Lee Crosby.  It was dreadful.  So bad that the character had to be completely rethought which led to the Lynda Carter version.

And that completes my take.  I'd love to see some posts of alternative opinions.......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Guitar Solos

The Most Inefficient Team in all of Professional Sports.......

The Best Player in Major League Baseball....