Songs you Secretly Love

I am sitting here thinking about music as usual.  I feel like writing but I can't seem to come up with a topic to write about.  Well, as I have sat here a song popped into my head, "Groovy Kind of Love"  by Phil Collins.  This is a song I love and always have.   My next thought was "Wow, I doubt anyone knows I love that song".     So I thought, now that is an interesting topic.  Songs a person loves but no one else knows it.  Songs that even your best friend wouldn't know you love.  I'm thinking quite a few people probably have the same kinds of songs in their lives.   I always enjoy the opinions and posts of others so I hope people will join in and add to the discussion.  It's very simple - as the title says "Songs you Secretly Love".   Here are some of mine:

1. "Groovy Kind of Love"   Phil Collins

2.  "Afternoon Delight"  Starland Vocal Band

3. "Sailing"  Christopher Cross

4. "Up, Up and Away"   The 5th Dimension

5. "At 17"   Janis Ian

6. "Blue Bayou"  Linda Ronstadt

7. "Falling in Love (Uh-Oh)"  Gloria Estefan and The Miami Sound Machine

8. "More, More, More"   Andrea True Connection

9. "Funkytown"  Lipps Inc

10. "Jive Talkin"  The Bee Gees

I think the people that really know me will be stunned by this list.  These songs are completely out of the box for me and my taste.  But I love them and I'm not embarrassed,  if I was I wouldn't have written this article.   I just think this is a really interesting topic. If you feel like it, take a moment and consider songs you love that even your best friends wouldn't know about.  Looking forward to replies.........        




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Guitar Solos

The Most Inefficient Team in all of Professional Sports.......

The Best Player in Major League Baseball....