Best Movies of the 2010s

For me, this is a relatively easy topic.  I just tried to think in terms of films released in the decade of the 2010s that I found outstanding.  Sad to say but there weren't too many.   An outstanding film for me is one that literally blows me away.  I end up thinking about it for weeks.   I find myself reading everything I can find about the movie.   Some examples  from the 2000s would be "Doubt:", "Million Dollar Baby",  "Sophie Scholl: The Final Days".     But what about the 2010s?  Well, I've come up with 5.  I have found these 5 films to be outstanding.    And they are:

1. "True Grit"

For me this is the best movie of this decade.  Everything about it is right.  Perfect casting, great story, terrific acting, beautiful cinematography, really good score.

2. "Whiplash"

This one totally blew me away.  I think JK Simmons performance is the best supporting actor performance of the entire decade.  Miles Teller is good, too.   Great story, well acted, fantastic ending.

3.  "Excision"

This one was released in 2012.  It was written and directed by Richard Bates.   The acting (especially AnnaLynne McCord and Traci Lords) is outstanding.   Its a bit creepy and different but always interesting.    I found the ending to be one of the most shocking endings I have ever seen.

4. "The Accountant"

Ben Affleck proves he is capable of really terrific work in this film.    Great story, acting is spot on, and the action sequences are well filmed.

5. "Land of Mine"

This is a European film that was released in 2015.  It's the story of captured Nazi soldiers (children I might add) who are assigned the task of finding and disarming land mines on the West Coast of Denmark.  This is another one with fantastic acting and cinematography.

And there you have it.  5 outstanding films that were released in the 2010's.  Certainly this list is subject to debate so I welcome and encourage other opinions......   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Guitar Solos

The Most Inefficient Team in all of Professional Sports.......

The Best Player in Major League Baseball....