The 5 Funniest Movies of all Time

A friend of mine from the Google + Movies community named Annette Rodgers recently posted a clip from a 1979 movie.  I hadn't seen it in years.  After watching the clip it started coming back to me how funny the film was.  This was a movie that made me laugh hysterically.  It got me thinking - what other films made me laugh that hard?   And laugh that often?   Sometimes a movie will have a few good bits that are mildly funny. But there aren't too many that will have you laughing hard all the way through.  I've given it some thought and have come up with the 5 films that to me are the funniest of all time.  I'll discuss each one a bit as well.  These films are in no special order, just the 5 funniest movies I could think of.   So, let's get started:


1. "Life of Brian"

This was the movie that Annette Rodgers posted.  Released in 1979 and created by Monty Python.  It satirizes the Jesus Christ story.   That may not sound like a funny concept but trust me, this film will have you laughing hysterically.

2. "Eddie Murphy Delirious"

This was released in 1983.   It's a standup comedy performance by Murphy.  I don't think I've ever seen anything in my life that made me laugh as hard as this did.   

3. "Love and Death"

A Woody Allen film released in 1975.  Allen has won a lot of awards and been praised for his film work.  "Love and Death" is pretty much forgotten.  It's too bad because to me, in terms of just being funny, this was his best work.

4. "Animal House"

I don't think I need to say too much about this one.  It was released in 1978 and generation after generation finds it.   If anybody hasn't seen it, then do yourself a favor and check it out.

5. "History of the World: Part 1"

This is a Mel Brooks movie that was released in 1981.  It's funny all the way through.  Dom Deluise, Harvey Korman and Madeline Kahn shine.  To me it's the funniest movie Brooks ever made.

And there you have it - my top 5 funniest movies of all time.   As always, I'd love to see some other opinions....

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Guitar Solos

The Most Inefficient Team in all of Professional Sports.......

The Best Player in Major League Baseball....