Best and Worst Actors By Decade

I was watching an interview on You Tube today with Robert De Niro.   This was from back in 1981.  He was discussing the upcoming Oscars of which he was nominated for Best Actor for his performance in Raging Bull.   He seemed quite awkward.   However, as we know, he did win that year.  It got me thinking - De Niro started in the 1970s and is still making movies today.   Long career for sure.  I started thinking about other actors that started in the 1970s and are still making movies today.  Is anyone better than De Niro?   One in particular I found to be a terrible actor.  My next thought was could I go decade to decade and find a best and worst actor from each decade?  The caveat being the actor must have started his movie career in the decade mentioned and he must have made movies in every subsequent decade up to today.    This is what I came up with:

1960s
Best:  Jack Nicholson
Worst:  Burt Reynolds

1970s
Best:  Robert De Niro
Worst:  Harrison Ford

1980s
Best:  Daniel Day Lewis
Worst:  Nicolas Cage

1990s
Best:  Phillip Seymour Hoffman
Worst:  George Clooney

2000s
Best:  Tom Hardy
Worst:  Jake Gyllenhaal

These choices are certainly up for debate.  I actually first thought of Adam Sandler as the worst actor from the 90s that is still working today - however, he is more of a comedian - so I excluded him.  All of the other choices I am very comfortable with - however, I welcome other opinions.....


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Guitar Solos

The Most Inefficient Team in all of Professional Sports.......

The Best Player in Major League Baseball....