Scott Peterson/Casey Anthony/The Menendez Brothers - What a crew!!

As a true crime fan, I'm well aware of these three cases. There have been several television programs on these cases over the last couple of years.   I found these programs fascinating and enjoyable. I was inspired to study the cases.  What is interesting about these three cases is you can make arguments either way.   Were they all guilty?  Were they innocent?  Or as in the Menendez Brothers case, were they innocent victims of parental abuse??  I'll provide my take on all three cases here.

Scott Peterson:   To coin the exact opposite phrase of his attorney Mark Geragos - Stone Cold Guilty.  He killed that poor woman and poor unborn child.  Why??  Very simple.  First of all he didn't want to be married, he wanted to be a player.  That's all fine and dandy but why not just get divorced?  Simple there, too - he didn't want to be saddled with child support.  The only way to get rid of both of his problems was to anchor Laci up and drop her to the bottom of San Francisco Bay.  I think the only thing that surprised me about Scott Peterson was how exasperatingly stupid he was.    Even while knowing he is being watched he continues to call his "girlfriend" Amber Frey.   He makes several trips to the bay while the police are there.   He saddles his car up with everything he needs to run (not to mention over 10 grand in cash) and then stays put.    So incredibly dumb I thought Geragos should have considered an insanity plea!    I'm just glad he was found guilty.  There is no doubt he did what he was accused of.

Casey Anthony:   An enormous miscarriage of justice.   I suppose you would have to give her attorney credit for getting her off.   Or, you could surmise she's innocent.  Personally, I have no doubt whatsoever - she killed her poor daughter Caylee.  Casey Anthony struck me as one of the most creative and gifted pathological liars I've ever come across.  In addition, for lack of a better word, she's just a plain jerk.  Just an incredibly unpleasant human being.   She ended up walking and I believe that is a tragedy,  but in reality - she is in her own jail cell.  She'll never have a life.  She'll never have anything.   I think most people feel as I do (that she was guilty), so Casey Anthony will continue to walk this Earth as the most hated Mother alive.    Not as bad as life in prison (which is what she should've gotten) but certainly an awful existence either way.

The Menendez brothers:  Speaking of creative and gifted pathological liars - these guys qualify.   Recent programs have suggested these two were victims of sexual abuse.  I too believe they were victims.   Victims in the sense that yes, they had a Father that was very rough on them and a pretty much absentee mother.  But the sexual abuse???   Absolute nonsense.   All you have to do is look at the actual footage of them at their first courtroom hearing.  They appear so cocky and arrogant its obvious that the meek "We were abused" personas they adopted three years later for the trial itself were complete acts.  They killed their parents for one reason and one reason only, money.  Prosecutor Pam Bozanich had the absolute correct theory IMO.   The parents had had it with both of them and were going to cut them off.    The timing of the murders coincides perfectly with that theory.   As with Scott Peterson,  I'm glad they didn't walk.

And there you have it, three currently popular true crime cases.  I've laid out what I believe - does anyone think differently?????



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Guitar Solos

The Most Inefficient Team in all of Professional Sports.......

The Best Player in Major League Baseball....