Top Ten Best Movies of the 1980s

For some non specific reason, I've been listening to a lot of 1980s music lately.  I don't generally do that because I find that most 1980s music sounds ridiculous today.   It was however the music I grew up with and because MTV was a brand new entity at that point, for the first time not only could you hear the music, you could see it as well.  So, when I find myself thinking of music from the 80s, I can always attach the videos with the songs.    This visualization inspired a thought - since I'm currently listening to 1980s music and I can see it in my mind as well - I thought - why not consider the films of the 1980s?   Have they aged well?  How do they look today?   As I've said, I don't think the music of that decade aged well - I feel certain of that.  But could I come up with ten movies from the 80s that are still great today???    Well, I had to give it quite a bit of thought but I think I have..   I'll call it The Top Ten Movies of the 1980s.  As with my previous entry on 1990s films, I'll include the year the film was released.  Here we go:

1.  "Raging Bull"  1980
2. "Fatal Attraction"  1987
3. "Angel Heart"  1987
4. "The Elephant Man" 1980
5. "Mississippi Burning"  1988
6. "My Left Foot"  1989
7. "Educating Rita"  1983
8. "Rain Man"  1988
9. "Children of a Lesser God" 1986
10.  "Wall St"  1987

I should add there were some comedies of the 1980s that I still think look good today, "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" and "Tootsie".  Then of course "Raiders of the Lost Ark".    Just didn't think those three were quite top 10 material.  As always, my list is subject to conjecture.  I welcome any other thoughts or input.......   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Guitar Solos

The Most Inefficient Team in all of Professional Sports.......

The Best Player in Major League Baseball....