By Decade, Best Supporting Actor Academy Award Winners - Which ones stand out???

I was surfing channels yesterday and came upon a film from 1997, "Good Will Hunting".   This was a critically lauded movie.  I hadn't seen it in years.  I happened to catch it just when the scene begins that Robin Williams' (Dr. Sean Maguire) character initially meets Matt Damon's character (Will Hunting).  Williams steals the scene - he's outstanding.  I was inspired  to finish the film.  Unquestionably a very good movie - however, to me, Robin Williams performance stands out. I was aware that he won the Best Supporting Actor Academy Award for his performance.    I thought, I wonder if I can find another Best Supporting Actor victory in the decade of the 1990s that tops his.  I could not.  I decided to go back to the 1970s and do a decade by decade study of Best Supporting Actor Academy Award winners all the way up to the 2010s.   Could I come up with one performance from each decade that stood out above the rest?  I believe I have.  Here is what I came up with:

1970s - Robert DeNiro:  The Godfather Part 2


1980s - Sean Connery:  The Untouchables


1990s- Robin Williams:  Good Will Hunting


2000s- Javier Bardem:   No Country for Old Men


2010s- JK Simmons:  Whiplash

My choices are certainly debatable and I welcome any other opinions.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Guitar Solos

The Most Inefficient Team in all of Professional Sports.......

The Best Player in Major League Baseball....